A HEALTHY HOME NECESSITY. "MY CLOTHES ARE SOFTER, THE LOAD DRIES FASTER, AND THEY ARE AN ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY ALTERNATIVE TO DRYER SHEETS. FABULOUS PRODUCT." -J.C.
A natural, reusable fabric softener that will change your laundry forever. These alpaca dryer balls are hand-made one-by-one by a cooperative of skilled, female Peruvian artisans in collaboration with their local alpaqueros (alpaca farmers).
FEATURES + BENEFITS
- Directions: place 3 balls in dryer with regular load. Keep balls in dryer between loads. Alternatively, store balls in box that comes with the pack of 3, or store balls in organic cotton bag that comes with the pack of 6.
- The balls absorb moisture and create air circulation in the dryer. This wind effect in the dryer reduces dryer time. At the same time, the balls replace disposable dryer sheets and plastic dryer balls along with the harsh chemicals within them.
- Lifetime of over 500 loads, eliminating the need for toxic, disposable dryer sheets.
- Wool sensitivity safe. Wool and alpaca will not rub off on clothing.
- Energy-efficient, highly-durable, anti-microbial, and Earth-friendly.
- Ethically and humanely sourced, no animals are harmed in the gentle shearing of the alpaca wool.
- More effective than industrial dryer sheets at softening laundry, reducing static, and removing wrinkles with added benefits of reduced dryer time, energy use, and household cost.
- 100% biodegradeable - plant in garden or compost to release valuable nutrients.
- Anti-microbial, 100% chemical free. White color is natural, made with no chemical dyes.
- For added natural scent, when clothes are dry, add 2-3 drops of your favourite dryer safe essential oil to the balls, and then continue to dry clothing with balls for an additional 10 minutes on non-heat, air-dry setting.
- Will not harm dryer. Will not unravel. Will not stress or strain your clothes.
- Sustainable fiber. No harsh chemicals are needed to process alpaca as it contains no lanolin oil. Alpacas are easy on their environment with padded feet for minimal soil erosion, as well as efficient digestion and excellent water retention.
- Planet-protector. Eliminates the harsh environmental effects of disposable chemical dryer sheets. And reduces everyday consumption of household chemicals.
- The bag of 6 balls comes with a 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton drawstring Muslin Eco Bag that is durable, reusable, and machine-washable. This bag is zero-waste, multi-use, and anti-plastic. It is versatile and multifunctional, suitable for between-load ball storage, as well as a reusable produce shopping bag, and a general storage bag for travel, gym, yoga, beach, work, and home. Made with cotton certified by GOTS, one of the world’s highest organic standards.
- The balls (and the muslin eco bag) are zero waste, multi-use, durable, reusable, and anti-plastic.
- The balls are made with high-quality craftsmanship. The balls are built to last. Each ball is felted to its very center.
- Pokoloko connects small-scale artisans to international markets. We provide long-term sustainable employment opportunities for better lives, and high-quality products you will use and love forever. This purchase generates a reliable income source for the Peruvian ball artisans and their families. We order alpaca balls from them every month
MATERIALS + CARE
- The dryer balls are made from 50% Peruvian alpaca and 50% Peruvian wool.
- The Muslin Eco Bag (that comes with the pack of 6 balls) is made with 100% GOTS-certified organic cotton. The care for the Muslin Eco Bag is cold water wash and hang to dry. Do not machine dry as that will cause the bag to shrink.
- To keep the ball's maximium effect, periodically place each ball in a sock, wash on a hot cycle with detergent, remove ball from sock, dry ball on hot setting.
- Any natural pilling can be removed; however, this is not necessary as the pills make balls more effective.